It's a bit of a hike if you live in the northern suburbs but the food is well worth the journey.
The four of us tried different dishes: a salted egg chicken rice, pepper beef with rice, beef hot fun, and lor mee.
The first and fourth are relatively uncommon while the two middle dishes are standards in many Chinese restaurants.
But all were delicious and well-priced. Serving sizes were generous too.
The lor mee sauce tasted right and came with fish cake, slices of belly pork, and half a hard-boiled egg. It came with a generous dollop of minced garlic and a Chinese soup spoonful of chilli sauce.
Salted egg sauce chicken rice is not often found and this iteration was well-executed.
It's a small restaurant but there is overflow seating outside. There should be ample parking on-site and disabled access is possible.
Service is friendly and efficient and they cheerfully accommodated our request to split the bill. Credit cards are accepted.
We'll be back to try some of the other Penang dishes.
We come here often for consistent good Malaysian food
Kok Sing Tang
- Average pricing. Can expect about $10+ for a meal.
- Authentic and great food. Had the roasted pork wanton noodles. Noodles was generous and texture is exactly how the noodles are made in Penang. Recommended if you want to experience Penang cuisine.
- Fast service and food is brought to the table quick. Staff were respectful and kind as well.
- it’s a little small inside the restaurant and the outside seats are directly next to the carpark. If you choose to eat outside, it might be a little dusty and smelly with the engine exhaust.
- Great food and service but the area is a little small.
The taste of the fried vermicelli with combination of meats and egg sauce was above average. The vermicelli was lightly stirred fried and gave a less roasted smell and taste. The prawns weren't the best but the chicken is very fresh and tasty. (2021-06)
Over the years, this restaurant has improved the quality of the food. The helpful and friendly staffs gave us good and quick services. We enjoyed the meals! (2021-04)